There are so many ways to use mason jars in crafts. Have you ever done a mason jar craft? I just love doing craft projects with them because they are inexpensive and so versatile! Today I have a round up of mason jar crafts that go from functional to decorative to just plain fun to create! They are great to give as gifts as well as keep and enjoy yourself. So, let’s get crafting!
I remember doing my first mason jar craft when I was in elementary school in the 70s. We made Christmas presents by tearing small pieces of masking tape and covering the entire outside of the mason jar with them. Then we used an old rag to wipe brown shoe polish all over the jars. Once the excess was wiped off, it gave the jars a “leather/suede” look. Well…kind of… 🙂 Sorry, mom and dad for that Christmas present. Ranked right up there with a bunch of macaroni frames and necklaces I have made over the years. But, if done right, it can look nice, though, see?
But, let’s move on to the AWESOME mason jar crafts, shall we?
*This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to see my full disclosure policy.
First of all, no matter what type of crafts you will be doing, you gotta start with the mason jars! For these projects, I chose the standard canning pint (16 oz.) jars. But there are many different sizes. Here is the link to the Ball website for mason jars.
Now that you have your jars, let’s get started!
There are so many ways to use mason jars to decorate seasonally!
1. Snowy January.
2. Valentine’s Day.
4. Patriotic holidays like Memorial Day, 4th of July or Veteran’s Day.
Bring home some sand and a few shells from your summer beach trip. Add them, along with a beachy picture to create a great memory jar!
(Living in Florida, I really love this one!)
Nothing says Fall like a sweet little scarecrow!
Yum! Candy corn!
This uses silk leaves. This was included in a post I did on other fabulous Fall leaf crafts.
9. And Christmas.
Berries, the scent of pine, soft light and snow. Beautiful!
But mason jars can be functional, too! Use them around the house.
10. In the bathroom to keep things organized.
(By the way these use hose clamps to secure the jars to the wood.
11. You can also make cute sports-themed bathroom accessories!
12. Here’s a sweet little pin cushion for your sewing room!
13. Here’s a dog treat and leash holder.
14. And a rustic silverware/utensil caddy to dress up your table.
There are also lots of ways you can repurpose mason jars and put them to work!
15. Click here or on the image below to watch a video tutorial of 4 great ways to reuse them.
16. I love cooking with fresh herbs, so this herb garden is wonderful!
Mason jars even make a gorgeous chandelier!
17. This doesn’t have directions on how to make it, but I think this is gorgeous and just had to include it. The top is an old wagon wheel!
18. I love this grouping of individual lanterns that use Christmas lights.
(And these do have the directions on how to make them!)
19. Or these lovely simple hanging vases.
These are hung up with twine onto Command hooks. So pretty!
Just plain fun ways to use mason jars!
20. Who wouldn’t want a Mickey or Minnie money bank to save up for their trip to Disney?
21. How about these fun gumball/candy jars?
They are made with a candlestick bottom. Easy!
22. Can’t have (or don’t want) pets? How about a DIY aquarium that even lights up?
23. I love the look of these awesome Bohemian lanterns.
24. And here is a really easy way to make stunning votive luminaries using rubber bands! Clever!
25. And of course, I am sure you’ve seen (or maybe received) layered cookie mixes packed in a mason jar as a gift.
Well, here are a whole bunch of recipes to make your own!
Can you believe there are so many ways to do mason jars crafts?
And, browsing on Pinterest, I found tons more! So, grab some mason jars and get crafting!
P.S. So, looking back, what were some of the crafts you made in elementary school? I remember we also made candles in coffee cans. And definitely let me know if you ever made one of those “leather” jars! 🙂
Get our newsletter!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter full of exclusive tips and printables just for you and receive a copy of my top 20 organizing tips!