Do you find that everything you use in the tub or shower is lined up all around the edge, like some weird set of dominoes?
And that it is so crowded that if you accidentally bump one, they all come tumbling down around your feet? Well, here are 10 great ideas to organize the tub and shower so all those things stay neatly organized and out of the way, no matter how small your space is.
Tension shower curtain rods work great to organize the tub and shower space.
1. Mount a shower curtain rod alongside the tub. Attach plastic baskets (that have holes for drainage) on the rod with S hooks for easy bath toy storage.
2. Adding a shower curtain rod on the same wall as the shower head or on the opposite wall makes it easy to hang baskets, as well. An easy way to store a lot of items up and out of the way.
3. Attaching shower curtain rings that have clips to the rod is an easy way to hang tubes of face wash or conditioner.
4. If you already have a shower curtain mounted in your tub or shower area, add a mesh shower caddy (for drainage so water doesn’t sit in the pockets). This is another easy way to keep your items handy but out of the way. And since it’s on the inside of the shower curtain, it will look neater for those who use the restroom.
Use shelves and baskets by tub.
5. Many times, the wall space by the foot of the tub is simply wasted space. Put it to good use by adding a curtain rod and baskets to store towels and toiletries.
6. It’s also a great space to add extra shelving for storing items.
Look at the difference! These are white, but here is a link to some gorgeous handcrafted wood ones on Amazon.
7. Even attaching a couple of baskets on the wall creates great towel storage, making it both pretty and functional in a guest bathroom.
Items made especially for the shower area.
There are so many items made specifically for the shower, many with suction cups.
8. We have a metal corner basket that attaches with suction cups. It holds A LOT of bottles.
We just bought a new one. We had our other one for over 10 years that we recently had to take down. The suction cups didn’t stick anymore. So, I took off the suction cups and it holds a basket of pot pourri in the corner of the tub now. And still looks nice.
9. Adding large suction cups that stick right on the tiles are a great way to hang scrubbies. And they are so inexpensive. We also have a squeegee in each shower for wiping down the walls after a shower, and we hang those on suction cup hooks, too.
10. In my son’s shower, he doesn’t have many items. But he also didn’t have any place to store anything. There was only a single bar soap holder. We have 9 foot ceilings in that bathroom, so a shower caddy doesn’t work. Because they aren’t made to extend that tall. So we have a holder that attaches right to the corner of the shower with adhesive pads. It works great and has 3 separate bottles to hold up to 3 different toiletries. I love how it tucks into the corner. And now there are no partially opened bottles laying on their sides leaking shampoo. Yay!
Need storage and organization ideas for other parts of your bathroom?
I hope these ideas will help you to organize the tub and shower space in your own home. And you won’t have to worry about the “domino effect” any more! How is your tub/shower area configured? What are your favorite items that help keep your area organized? Let me know!
Ready to get organized?
Get your FREE copy of professional organizer Pam Hoepner's Top 20 Organizing Tips, full of easy, inexpensive ways to organize your entire home!
Bonus: You'll also receive our weekly newsletter full of even more easy, frugal organizing, cooking & DIY ideas!